As producing a video is a creative and variable process, it’s always difficult to give an idea of cost without a brief. Videos range from a simple production at £1,500 to a complex project at £30,000. Most projects are between £3,000 and £15,000.
How much does it cost to produce a video?
A rough guide to video production costs
What could be included in the video budget?
- Meeting with you; developing ideas, scriptwriting, storyboarding, designing the graphic look.
- Crew usually includes two or more of the following roles: producer, director, camera operator, camera assistant, production assistant, make-up artiste, interviewer
- Equipment: cameras, tripod, sound (rifle, tie clip, boom mics), lighting rigs
- Special equipment like tracking, gimbals or drones
- Location or studio fees
- Props & costumes
- Travel & subsistence
- Editing: digitizing footage; content editing; audio mix; sound effects; music composition or licences; colour grading
- Graphic design, animation, motion graphics and special effects
- Voice-over artiste
- Public liability insurances
It is also worth noting, that some projects will require a higher production value than others, and therefore will need a bigger budget.
If you'd like to know more or you have a project to discuss, call Ian, Sally or Paul on 0115 969 3636